As the University of Alberta’s official student life blog, YouAlberta strives to produce witty, insightful, and thoughtful online content for the U of A community. We specialize in the production of original content for students, by students. We are looking for student bloggers who are excited to tell the stories of their peers, who are willing to reveal a few student life tips and tricks, and who are eager to help capture the U of A experience for the whole of the World Wide Web to see.
As a YouAlbertra Blogger, you’ll work under the guidance of the YouAlberta Editor to create top notch content for your fellow students. You’ll be responsible for conducting interviews, producing short videos, writing original features, creating “Top [insert number here]” lists, creating photo essays, and finding creative ways to share everything that you and your team publish. YouAlberta is a place for students to share their experience, so if you like sharing (especially if you like sharing content online), then becoming a YouAlberta Blogger might be the perfect fit for you. Students from all faculties are encouraged to apply!
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing, photographing, filming, and designing original posts about student life at the U of A for the YouAlberta blog.
- Abiding by the regulations of FOIP.
- Appearing in YouAlberta stories.
- Reporting on U of A events.
- Representing YouAlberta during promotional events.
- Attending training sessions, monthly staff meetings, and regular mentoring/editorial sessions.
- Meeting preset story deadlines.
- Producing at least one new post per month.
- Sharing YouAlberta content via various social media sites.
- MUST be a U of A student during the 2014/15 academic year.
- Writing, videography, design, and/or photography experience are all considered assets.
- Thorough understanding of social media.
- Familiarity with photo-editing and/or film-editing tools.
- Experience with on-campus involvement opportunities is considered an asset. (i.e. participation in a student group, on campus volunteering, etc.)
To Apply:Check out our posting on the CAPS job board for application details.
Applications are due July 11, 2014.
Interviews will be held during the afternoons and evenings of July 16 and 17, 2014. Mandatory training will take place on Friday, July 25.
University Relations thanks all applicants for applying, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.