Wednesday 13 April 2016

Procrastinating in 2016: Campus Face Swapping

UAlberta Face Swapping

Leave it to technology to add yet another method of procrastination for students. Although I’m no Snapchat guru (or frequent user, for that matter), I’ve recently become obsessed with the new Face Swap feature (is it new? No, I don’t think it is. So that tells you how often I actually use Snapchat).

Behold, in all of its facial inaccuracies, my adventure with Face Swap during the last day of classes and impending all-day-studying of finals.

First, I needed to Face Swap some graduation photos, because (hopefully!) I’ll one day be in that position. But unfortunately, both of the graduation photos on the walls of the Ag For building and Business building were too small for Snapchat to recognize the faces, so I ended up just swapping them with each other, like so:

Year Book Face Swap
Hopefully this isn’t a sign that I won’t be graduating. 
Next, I set my sights to larger photos and came across some wonderful portraits in the lobby of Ag For. Check it:

Campus Face Swapping
This one is particularly frightening and makes my face especially resemble a certain snouted and curly-tailed animal. The convenient aspect about this one, though, is that we’re both wearing fairly large glasses that match up pretty well. 


Sassy Campus Face Swap
I particularly enjoy this one because it looks like I could probably star as the sassy mother figure in a 90’s sitcom. 

Triple Face Swap
I’m not entirely sure what happened here, but it looks like a tri-Face Swapping incident. Whatever it is, there’s no denying it’s valuable in its own existence. 
UAlberta Face Swap
To be frank, I’ve never wondered what I would look like with a moustache. But now I know the answer, whether I like it or not. Also: why does my face look like I’ve just been asked to explain Quantum Physics in front of a lecture hall?
Well, that was fun. I guess that’s it, right? It’s not like I can Face Swap with a statue, right?

Psych! You totally can:

The Tory Face Swap
I feel as though I’ve terrified all descendants of Henry Marshal Tory (our first university president), and for that I apologize. 

If you ever see me around campus, don’t be afraid to ask for a Face Swap. It is, without a doubt, one of my favourite new methods of procrastinating. Thank you for that, Snapchat.

Think you can best me? Try Face Swapping the same or other photos, statues, or real-life human beings and tweet us @YouAlberta so we can see them!


Rachel - YouAlberta Contributor

Rachel never leaves her house without a pair of good headphones, her current favourite read, and a cup of tea. She’s a third-year English Major and Linguistics Minor who mainly enjoys hanging out with cats, but will leave their side for the promise of some live music and the company of friends. Some of her dreams include sleeping in and never running into a scary insect ever again.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© YouAlberta | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig