Tuesday 1 November 2016

(Flu) Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots!


In honour of flu shot season, we could tell you all of the reasons why you should sign up to get your flu shot on campus - OR - we could try a little not-so-subtle subliminal messaging.... Dear reader, I'll let you decide which option we've picked.

How many shots does it take to get the perfect selfie?




How many successful shots do you think McDavid will make this year?


Image courtesy of The Edmonton Journal

While we’re at it, slap shot or wrist shot?

Image courtesy of i.ytimg.com

Which actor/actress deserves another shot?


Image courtesy of natural mag

Who do you think will be calling the shots following the US election?


Image courtesy of The Telegraph

How many hours of studying can you stand before your nerves are shot?



What’s your favourite shot flavour?


Image courtesy of Popsugar

Look, if you had one shot or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment would you capture it or just let it slip?


Image courtesy of Quotesgram

Just taking a shot in the dark, who would win a lip sync battle: The Justin Trudeau doing “Work” by Rihanna, or Obama trying Adele’s “Hello?”


Image courtesy of Pintrest

Image courtesy of Pitchfork

In the words of Lin Manuel’s musical "Hamilton", students looking to avoid the flu should say: “I’m not throwing away my ____________”

Image courtesy of Her Campus

In all seriousness, the Nursing and Pharmacy students who will be administering this year's flu clinic are looking forward to helping the campus community stay healthy this flu season. As Lisa puts it the flu clinics are, "a great opportunity for nursing and pharmacy students to collaborate with one another on a large-scale immunization project."

Plus, they know what they're doing - "During our infectious diseases module that we take in 3rd year pharmacy we learn about the flu virus, different types of flu vaccines and the benefits of vaccination, which helps us to educate the public on the benefits of vaccination and to dispel common myths. We have practical skills labs where we learned and practised different injection techniques. After injecting our fellow classmates (with the supervision of an instructor of course), we became injection certified at the end of our 3rd year of pharmacy."

The U of A's flu shot clinics will be running on November 2, 3, and 4, 2016.


Guest Contributors


Erin Lawrie

My name is Erin. I am a fourth year bilingual nursing student at the U of A. I am from Tsawwassen B.C.  (just off the coast). I have five brothers, two sisters in law, a nephew, and a dog. I love to go boating in the summers, snowboard, hike, run, and bake.

Katie Areshenko

I am a 28 year old 4th year Pharmacy Student originally from Lethbridge Alberta. I have a previous degree in Biochemistry from the University of Lethbridge and I am getting married next fall. I have been interested in the health sciences for most of my life but I also have interests in hiking, travelling, reading and cooking.

Lisa McAllister

My name is Lisa McAllister, a pharmacy student from a rural Albertan community. I took 2 years of undergraduate science courses before being accepted into the Faculty of Pharmacy. When I am not frantically studying for exams you can find me playing soccer or snowboarding with friends.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© YouAlberta | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig